Welcome to the web site of the Kentucky Philological Association, Kentucky’s premier organization for the study of language and literature! For over forty years we have brought together outstanding scholars and creative writers from around the region for stimulating critical discussions of literature and reading of original literary works. Our annual journal, the Kentucky Philological Review, represents the best creative and literary critical works from each year’s conference and is indexed by the Modern Language Association.
We just finished our 2023 conference in Danville, Kentucky. If you presented at KPA 2023, please see the KPR submissions page to have your work considered for the 2024 Kentucky Philological Review.
The 2024 conference will be at the University of the Cumberlands in Williamsburg, Kentucky. That conference page will have the call for papers and registration information when we have them. We hope everyone will join us there!
Outstanding features of the KPA include:
- Publication opportunities in the Kentucky Philological Review
- Participation in our annual meeting and conference
- Collegial and friendly interactions with colleagues at other institutions in the region
- The Phil Krummrich Award for an outstanding paper by a graduate student
- We also offer leadership opportunities in a state-wide organization. If you are not yet a member of the KPA, we invite you to join us!
For questions about the KPA, please contact kpasubmissions at gmail.com